Find the child seat that best suits your child's requirements.
Up to 13 kg (Grupo 0 y 0+)/ From 40 to 85 cm and from 45 to 105 cm (i-Size)
Up to approximately 15 months (the weight and height of the child is what counts, not the age)
- The child car seat is installed on the rear seats and positioned facing the rear. The safest place is usually the middle rear seat.
- By law it can go on the front passenger seat only when the rear seats are occupied by other children in child seats, or if the car has no rear seats or if it is impossible for a child restraint system to be installed on the rear seats.
- If it is placed on the front passenger seat facing the rear, the airbag must be deactivated
- It can be installed using the sistema ISOFIX system (if the car is equipped with this) or with the car's seat belts. Always follow the manufacturer's instructions for the correct installation of the seat.
- Use may need to be made of a Support Leg or Top Tether.
- The backrest should be at a 45 degree angle..
- Bassinets and carrycots may be used for newborns. They are installed crosswise on the rear seat with the baby's head pointing towards the inside. Only for the first few months.
- Purchase a child restraint system that is officially approved (R44/04 or R-129) and from a specialist center where they can advise you and let you try out the seat in your car.
- Height needs to be taken into account when choosing child seats approved under regulation R-129.
- The child should be rear-facing up to 15 months old. At Fundación MAPFRE we recommend doing so until the child is at least 4 years old.