Find the child seat that best suits your child's requirements.
From 9 to 18 kg (Grupo I) / Up to 105 cm (i-Size)
From approximately 8 months to 4 years old (the weight and height of the child is what counts, not the age)
The i-Size car seat for children up to 105 cm is for children between approximately 6 months and 4 years old.
- Children should travel facing the rear until they are 15 months old. At Fundación MAPFRE we recommend doing so until the child is at least 4 years old.
- The child seat must be placed on the rear seats. Take a look here at the standard.
- The safest seat is the rear middle seat.
- If a rear-facing child is seated in the front passenger seat (because of one of the exceptions foreseen in the regulation), the the front passenger airbag must be deactivated.
- The backrest should be at a 45 degree angle so that the head does not fall forward.
- Acquire a child restraint system that is officially approved (R44/04 or R-129) and from a specialist center where they can advise you and let you try out the seat in your car.